Skip to content
- The principal national arbitration statute in Cape Verde is the Arbitration Law No. 76/VI/2005 of 16 August 2005.
- Law No. 89/IV/93 of 13 December 1993 provides that disputes between the State of Cape Verde and foreign investors shall be resolved through arbitration and conciliation subject to Cape Verde arbitration law.
- Decree-Law No. 35/2010 of 6 September 2010 provides that disputes related to the validity, interpretation, and non-fulfillment of insurance agreements may be addressed by arbitration.
- Decree No. 8/2005 of 10 October 2005 provides for institutional arbitration.
Institutions and Rules
- ICSID Convention (entry into force: 26 January 2011)