Skip to content
- Civil Code of the Empire of Ethiopia of 1960 (Proclamation No. 165 of 1960, effective from 11 September 1960) (the ‘Civil Code’). The Civil Code provides for arbitration in Chapter 2 of Title XX at Articles 3325–3346.
- Civil Procedure Code of the Empire of Ethiopia of 1965 (Decree No. 52 of 1965, effective from 8 October 1965, CPC) also contains provisions on arbitration in Book IV, as one form of special procedures recognized under the CPC (see Articles 315–319 of Chapter 4 of Book IV).
- Book V of the CPC ‘Appeal from and Setting Aside of Arbitral Award’ (Articles 350–357 of Chapter 2)
- Book VI of the Code on Execution Decrees has a special section (Chapter 2), devoted to ‘Execution of Foreign Judgments and Awards’. Article 461 of Chapter 2 deals with conditions for the enforcement of arbitral awards.
Institutions and Rules
- ICSID Convention (signed 21 September 1965)